I’ve told a lot of stories over the years. My writing has appeared in online and print publications, in marketing and advertising materials, in a children’s book, and in scripts that have been performed for thousands. My “Dear Mom” articles have become a monthly column in The FAMILY Magazine of Michiana, and my article “The Family Fight: A Story of a Mother and Daughter Battling Breast Cancer Together” won an Editorial Profile Award from the Parenting Magazine Association. The following are just a few samples of some of the work I’ve done. Please contact me for more information.
- The Other Side of Adoption (Family Magazine of Michiana)
- Putting Cancer on the Back Burner (Family Magazine of Michiana)
- One Phrase You Should Remove from Your Vocabulary (Today’s Christian Woman)
- The Truth About Crying it Out (Family Magazine of Michiana)
- Standing Guard: Respect of Fallen Heroes (C Magazine)
- 6 Ways to Overcome Being Overwhelmed (SASSY Magazine)
- World-Changing Moms (Today’s Christian Woman)
- 9 Ways to Help Save the Planet (Today’s Christian Woman)
- Our Family’s Crossroad to a Healthier Life (SASSY Magazine)
- Minimalist Parenting (Family Magazine of Michiana)
- The Family Fight: A Story of a Mother and Daughter Battling Breast Cancer Together* (Family Magazine of Michiana)
Dear Mom Column for The Family Magazine of Michiana:
- Be Thankful for Your Envy
- Stop Peeling the Bananas
- I’m a Book Jacket Judger
- Dare Greatly
- Someday is a Myth
Website writer/content coordinator:
Monroe Circle Community Center (past)
• NursingNurture.com, including: “How I Succeeded: My Breastfeeding Journey”
• Church World Service, including: “What the West Virginia Water Contamination Teaches Us About Breastfeeding”
• Birth Boot Camp, “Why Writing Your Birth Story Matters”
• Giving Birth with Confidence where I chronicled my third pregnancy, and also wrote guest posts, such as “Preparing for Life Beyond Birth”
• Mother’s Advocate, including: “Choose Wisely: How to Select a Care Provider”
Unique as Pete: How Autism Doesn’t Mean Different, has been created to entertain and educate people of all ages on autism. A portion of the proceeds from the book will go to support the Autism Society of North Central Indiana, South Bend Chapter (ASNCISB) and their efforts to open an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy center in the South Bend area. While I hope it will help many local families in their dealings with autism through the ABA therapy center, I also hope it will educate countless others – from children to adults – on what it means and doesn’t mean to be autistic. For more information, visit Amazon.
Truth in Text, writer
Created to be used as the opening video for a Cyberbullying Community Plunge.
Doc Cortex, co-writer
Created to teach parents and children about brain development.